Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Day 1

It's 9 pm and guess what? Still alive. I'm happy to report a successful first day on my cleansing trial. This morning, I woke up and had a great breakfast, (I'll remember to snap pictures tomorrow) consisting of a 2-egg omelet and a slice of Fiber One whole grain toast. I don't know what it is about omelets, but something about them tastes so fantastic, even plain. When I do add something, I put in any type of shredded cheese, ham or turkey, tomatoes, sometimes some veggies, or whatever sounds good that AM. The combination of high fiber toast and protein packed eggs was the best choice I could have made for my first day on the cleanse.

Come lunchtime, it was time to finally try my Vanilla Bean Lean Shake. I threw two scoops, a few ice cubes, and 8 ounces of water into a blender, and threw it down the hatch. The flavor was pretty good, but I wasn't crazy about the consistency. That being said, I knew I wanted it to be a little thicker. At 180 calories a serving, I also figured that it would be no big deal to add a few healthy ingredients to beef it up. For my dinner shake, I threw in about 3/4 of blueberries, and half a pack of Chobani yogurt in addition to the ice and water in the blender. That added about 140 calories, so I wasn't worried about that, especially since it was 140 calores of calcium, probiotics, and antioxidants. I let the shake sit in the fridge for about 30 minutes, and was delightfully surprised by the result. I got a creamy, smoothie like shake that had a thicker texture, and a fun variety of flavor.

I definitely got a little hungry today, so I ate 2 small plums (60 calories for both) just so that my body didn't go into starvation mode, and felt a big difference. I'm excited for tomorrow, and definitely hope the shakes are a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment