Saturday, August 4, 2012

DIY "Fouboutins"!



DIY Louboutin style! I have had a pretty bland summer and I've decided to entertain myself with some fun crafts and projects, how fun is that? I grabbed a pair of black heels, and gave it my own edge with pink bottoms. Guilty, I did a nude pair of pumps in red.

Need:
-Heels!
-Cotton balls/rubbing alcohol
-White nail polish
-(Any) color nail polish
-Dixie cups, or small throw-away containers
-Newspaper, or something to lay on the floor
-Several(!) throw away paint brushes

1.) Pour entire bottle of white nail polish and color nail polish into separate cups.
2.) Rub a cotton ball with rubbing alcohol over the soles of the shoes to clean them off.
3.) Paint each shoe sole with white nail polish. Make sure the soles are completely covered, enough that you will use the entire bottle of (.5 ounces) of white polish. Wait to dry.
4.) Repeat step 3. with the color nail polish over the white, again using the whole bottle, if not some of another bottle. For the pink, I only used one bottle, but for the red, I used two. How much you use is completely up to you and what you prefer!
5.) Let the shoes dry with the soles up for a few hours. If you get paint on the shoes themselves, the cotton ball with rubbing alcohol works well!

No comments:

Post a Comment