Wednesday, May 30, 2012

End of May Update

Good evening and hello again! Since the last time I updated, SO much has happened! Looking back on a relatively short time, I've experienced a remarkable amount of change. For a brief summary, I'll explain the end of my semester. My friends and I had so many unbelievable times, and purely enjoyed our last weeks as seniors. We had some great adventures, and some great celebrations. For our senior retreat, we went as a class to Lake Placid, which of course was wonderful. So many cute little boutiques, great food, and purely relaxation time. When I know I"m going to be picking at unhealthy things, I focus on only consuming those calories, to make it easier to come back, and to not feel so badly. Instead of eating a lunch and dinner meal, I just allowed myself to taste and try all kinds of foods that I wanted to, in small moderation of course. That way I could really enjoy myself and not have to worry about getting too off track. After Lake Placid, we traveled back to Albany for our senior tea, which was a fun time to yet again dress up, and yet again eat great food. The chocolate covered strawberries were the size of my fist, yes please!
My graduation on Sunday was one of the best days of my life. It was so exciting and full of happiness, but it was one of the most difficult things I've ever had to do. I am beyond obsessed with my school, and saying goodbye was no easy task, and something that I'm still getting used to, probably for awhile! But then again, I'm excited for college. Focusing on what's ahead, I am determined to keep up with my summer health goals, and to not jump off the heath train like last summer! I went grocery shopping and loaded the fridge with so many great things, motivating me to stay true to myself. Greek yogurt, strawberries, lettuce, you name it, it's in my fridge. What I love most about summer is how you can eat whatever you're in the mood for, and it is a-ok. Bowl of cereal for dinner because it's cool? Why not. I also bought a new drink called Neuro TRIM, which is so not like me, but I thought this one could be okay. It doesn't have many ingredients, and it's a fiber supplement drink that was recommended to me. I have to say, it tastes very good! I also have noticed that since drinking it, I feel full, but not uncomfortable. I'm not recommending it as a diet drink because I don't think that's the key to a healthy lifestyle, but I think it's interesting to try it out and see what it does to my body.
Delicious low sodium turkey breast, provolone, fiber one bread sandwich with fresh strawberries - delicious!
my Instagram shot of neuro trim! I'm working on my summer goals, so far planning out my meal goals and working out at least 4 times a week, fitting it in any way that I can. What are your goals, and how do you stick to them?

No comments:

Post a Comment