Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Fitspiration

Throughout my weight loss journey and rise to a healthy lifestyle, I've realized that inspiration is one of the most essential parts of keeping on track with your goals and aspirations. Whether it's being surrounded by gym rats at the gym, reading other blogs (my starter!), or psyching yourself out however you can, you truly are responsible for getting your butt in shape.

In the last few months I've taken to my handy little notebook to inspire me. I keep my notebook to write out what I eat, sometimes the calories I've consumed, and also a pre-planned workout. Writing everything out really puts my day into context, and makes me face reality, when the number and amounts can become a little blurry at the end of the day if I don't record what I've done.

Writing out a minute-to-minute workout is also my method to pump myself up, because it gives me a goal to reach, and also gives me a great feeling to be able to check off each workout after completing them, instead of aimlessly running around the gym.

Some other little inspiring tips I use are to look at inspiring people! If I'm on a stationary bike or the elliptical, there's nothing like opening up a glossy fitness magazine with back to back pages of fit, happy people preaching their energy to you! Before the gym, guilty as charged, I love to go onto Pinterest (shout out to my new obsession!) and look up fitness tips and inspiring pins, because I find myself jumping up and running to the gym after a few minutes.

In the past year, so many people have reached out to me to help them get into shape, and not only is it a great compliment, but it's inspiring on it's own to keep yourself healthy and to encourage others to become healthy, too. That being said, time for me to start being publicly inspiring. My goal is to start recording my eats and some workouts for myself and for anyone who needs a little jump start.



Inspiring, right!?

No comments:

Post a Comment