Tuesday, March 27, 2012

New Treats and Getting Back in the Game

Coming back from Spring Break has left me pretty busy, which has effected my eating habits and workouts a little bit, but if that's what life hands you. That being said, I always have to remind myself to prioritize what is more important, squeezing in a quick half-effort workout, or finishing that paper that's due in an hour? I'll be honest, writing the paper took lots of self convincing. That being said, I know things are going to slow down work wise now that the semester is coming to an end, and that means plenty of time to get back at it before this little season we like to call bikini body. My plan is to really just get back on track with keeping track of what I eat, not obsessively, but just to know, and also to keep planning out my workouts, which I really haven't slacked on.

Last week was so unbelievable weather wise that I got to run outside and I completely fell in love with it all over again, and now it's taken away from me? Not cool! So today I was yet again, inside, and did a good workout regardless.
Cardio: 40 minute elliptical (intervals, love this because it makes it bearable, and you burn so much!)
Arms: Free weights, several machines
Legs: -body bar lunges -body bar squats -body bar calf raises -backward lunges -BOSU bar lunges -AB/AD machine -Leg Press machine
Abs: -reverse crunch -body crunch -plank -side crunch -toe raise -water wheels -russian twists -v crunch -90 various crunches
-toe touch (I don't have my workout sheet but I think that's it for abs!)


Reporting on my new Hamilton Beach single-serve blender, I've used it three times already and I LOVE it. I highly suggest it to anyone, especially for only $16. I threw in a frozen banana, 4 frozen strawberries, 1/4 cup of milk, and half a scoop of whey protein powder vanilla. I sometimes throw in PB instead of the whey, and I haven't been too adventurous fruit wise but once the summer rolls around that will change. In summary, I love it. It's filling, and SO much healthier than a lot of other snacks I could be reaching for.

No comments:

Post a Comment