Saturday, March 31, 2012

Weekend and Intervals

Happy Saturday! Best day of the week if you ask me. I woke up this morning and had a small omelet with a little ham and a little cheese, and a side of whole wheat toast. Yum! After I digested a little, I planned out my workout and hit the gym. Today was my first attempt at intervals on the treadmill and let me tell you, I so wish I had started this method earlier. When I'm forced to run on a treadmill, I get so bored and 30 minutes feels like 74 hours because there is nothing interesting going on and the only thing to look at is the time. That being said, I took some advice and tried an interval workout on the treadmill and I'm telling you it was the best. I felt so accomplished, didn't worry about how much longer I had, and was shocked at how fast everything was going because I was only focused on little chunks of time for the 30 minutes.



After my run I did a little bit of strength training but not too much because I did it every day this week. I came back to my house, made a protein shake, and I feel back to my 100% already. Definitely a perfect way to start the day out.

This weekend is a little boring, nobody is really on campus and that leaves for nothing to do and nobody to do it with. Hannah and I went out to dinner last night, and being Friday, I got to splurge a little bit, which also motivates me for the rest of the week to eat cleanly. I had a sandwich sized serving of pulled pork (a southern girl cannot resist) without the bun, and a couple of sweet potato fries and I was full until this morning. And I can't forget my medium iced coffee for dessert! I breathe caffeine, healthy I know.

I'm going ice skating with a couple of friends in the area later for Agonies, and then out again for a fun night. Tomorrow is my study, clean, workout, relax day, and I must say I always look forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment